Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Paint What You're Thankful For Challenge

The Daily Paintworks challenge of the week is to "paint what you're thankful for". Oh my goodness, that opens up the whole world, doesn't it? Have you ever sat down to write a thankful list? Once you get started, it goes on and on....there is so much! But my thoughts kept coming back to one at the top of the list....my sweet husband. How thankful I am that he is in my life! Because I didn't want to paint a portrait, I chose instead to paint something that represents him, and that's his "adventure hat"! He wears this when we are out having fun and adventure. I plopped the hat onto our bed quilt, took a photo, and used it for reference for today's painting. Which is NOT for sale. :)


Adventure Hat, © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6 acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment