Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bus Stop Moms

It's been a long time since I participated in one of the Daily Paintworks challenges, but today was the day! The theme is "Back to School" and I found a photo reference from the Paint my Photo website that excited me and I could hardly wait to get started. This piece ended up being much more tedious to paint, but still, the process was enjoyable and time flew by as I worked. The finished painting turned out just the way I imagined it, which is saying something. Lots of times my paintings go in surprising directions, but this one became just what I wanted it to be. I love the clothing and postures of these "bus stop moms" and the colorful bus and construction signs behind them. I love how the trees turned out and I love the rim of bright light that shines through the painting.


Bus Stop Moms, 6x6 inch acrylic on canvas

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful painting no doubt and you have presented this so beautifully. So much perfection in your painting man. Great work.

    ReplyDelete