Monday, February 24, 2014

Animal Whimsy

My art goes in all directions, as anyone who visits this blog often will know. I do pastels, both realistic and bold, and now sometimes acrylics. I like landscapes, a little architecture, and animals.

After doing two lovely commissioned 5 x 7 pastels of northwest landscape (which I will show off later...they were purchased as a gift for someone else!), I was ready to switch back to wet paint again. 

So this last week I've been having fun with animals. I often paint with only a black and white reference so that I can make up whatever color strikes me at the time. These paintings are all on little 6 x 6  wrapped canvases, which can be hung without any kind of framing. The little zebra (shown below) sold the same day I posted on DPW!


Heads Up, acrylic on 6 x 6 canvas



On Guard, acrylic on 6 x 6 canvas



Zebra Colors, acrylic on 6 x 6 canvas
SOLD


Sunny Elephant, acrylic on 6 x 6 canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment