Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Roadside Wave

We drove around 10,000 miles last summer, whizzing by some of the most delightful scenery. Sometimes I had my camera out taking pictures as we hurried past to whatever our destination of the day would be. Even the farmlands were awesome. The reference for today's pastel was taken somewhere in the great lakes area. I'm thinking it might have been Michigan, but at this point I can't be sure. All I know is, it's a long way from home. This lone tree seemed to be waving as we drove past, so I'm calling it the "Roadside Wave".
Roadside Wave, 6x6 pastel on blue Canson

1 comment:

  1. This picture just feels like summer to me. I think it's that blue, blue sky and the drift of flowers in the foreground. I like the blue tones in the tree, too. And the not-quite-straight fence posts.

    ReplyDelete