Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Newest Paintings

I'm behind on my blog posting! The main reason is that blogger wasn't letting me upload photos, so I finally switched to a different browser and it works. But I've been so busy with my family lately that there's only four new paintings to show. So here they are! All of these paintings are available for sale through my Daily Paintworks gallery.


You probably recognize this scene, as I have painted it before. This time it's a smaller format and the overall tone is lighter. My first version had a stormier looking sky. That painting sold at one of the outdoor art shows I attended last summer. The image was so popular, however, that I decided to re-create it, except it's never going to look just like the first one. :)

Beach Trail, 6 x 6 pastel on Uart sanded paper





The photo reference for this painting was from the Paint My Photo website. I loved the shadows in the snow and I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out!

Snow Shadows, 6 x 6 pastel on Uart sanded paper





 I took the photo that inspired this little painting. In West Linn there's this lovely little nature preserve that has beautiful blue Camas flowers blooming profusely in the spring. How could I not be excited about this view on the pathway?

Camassia Trail, 6 x 6 pastel on Uart sanded paper




 This little painting is my entry for the weekly Daily Paintworks Challenge, which was to paint an "interior space". I chose to do a corner in my bedroom that gets beautiful morning light. On my chair is an orange scarf knitted for me by a dear friend, and the window sill has my ten year journal and some dried statice flowers in little vases. I love the contrast the sunlight makes as it stream through the window!

 Relax a Moment, 6 x 6 pastel on Uart sanded paper


1 comment:

  1. Can I please just say how glad I am to be able to say that I am the friend of someone who is so inspirational…I love all your paintings. It is so incredible to watch your growth in this medium over the past year or two. I especially love the favorite corner and the snow shadows…and Camassia…and the beach trail...

    ReplyDelete