Thursday, June 2, 2011

Promises, Promises

This past month has just flown by, and I've not dedicated any time to paint with my pastels! I could list excuses and reasons why, but I don't think I will.

However, my pastels are coming with me on our 6-week road trip across the USA and back, and I AM going to be finding times to sit and render my own interpretations of the gorgeous landscapes around me! The photos of the finished work might be taken with my camera phone to post online here, but I'm not going to complain about that, either. I'm just planning to enjoy my trip, paint as much as I can, and share my work as much as possible. This will be my first venture into "Plein Air" painting (as opposed to indoor studio work) and I'm looking forward to it. We leave in 3 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're picking it back up.

    On a technical note, is using pastels painting? I always thought of it on the same lines as drawing since it doesn't use a brush. Of course, my experience with pastels comes from my 2nd grade art class, so I don't really know the distinctions. :)

    ReplyDelete