Friday, April 15, 2011

January Sunrise

I have had the privilege of viewing many, many gorgeous sunrises on my morning walks. Sometimes we stop and stare, open mouthed, and wonder if it is even possible to have so much color in the sky...and will anyone else even believe it without seeng it for themselves?

Today's pastel is from a photo I took a year ago. I may have "pushed" the color a little bit, but it is essentually the same vision that was presented to me on that cool morning. There's something almost fantasy-like about how this one turned out. Even though there are some things I would do differently if I were to do it again (I probably won't), I like it anyway. I can almost feel the light beginning to caress the landscape.

Thanks for your comments on past paintings...they truly are "friendly" and I appreciate the support! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment