Monday, March 17, 2014

I Can See My House From Here

As soon as I started painting this little mouse today, I found myself wondering what he might have been looking at in the distance from his lofty perch on the wheat stalk. As soon as the words, "I can see my house from here" popped into my head, there was no use trying to think of another title for this painting. So I spent the rest of the time trying to imagine what his "house" might look like! Ha ha! I really enjoyed painting this one.

I Can See My House From Here, 6 x 6 acrylic on canvas

The reference photo for this painting was taken by a gentleman named Dave Webb, who shares his work on the "Paint My Photo" website. If you're curious to see what the original looked like, just click this link and find out! The original photo had two mice, but one was all I needed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment