Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Look, and Peeking

All the while I was painting this cow, I kept wondering what it is she was reacting to. The roll of the eye and the tense appearance had me guessing all kinds of possible stories! I decided to leave the title as simply, "The Look", so the viewer could decide for themselves what is going on.


The Look, 6 x 6 acrylic on wrapped canvas


Then there's this cute little robin. I find a lot of my reference photos on the Paint My Photo website. One of the members is called "Villager Jim", and he lives across the pond in Europe. He wanders about taking stunning pictures of seemingly ordinary things, including birds and critters. Today's robin was one of his shots. Looks as though Jim set his camera down and let the robin hop on over to see what it's all about!

 Peeking, 6 x 6 acrylic on wrapped canvas
 

1 comment:

  1. I think that mama cow is rolling her eyes at a frisky calf. I like her a lot!

    ReplyDelete