Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hopeful Robin

Another little bird again, since yesterday's flew away so quickly to join some of it's siblings! Yep, it is the 5th bird in the collection for my buyer! I'm happy they can all be together in a cheerful little flock. :)

Today's bird has the look of someone who is looking ahead, or looking to the future without fear, and because of that I called her "Hopeful". When I first started working on the branch and needles, it seemed to be somewhat tedious. Then, surprisingly, it was fun! Watching the branch come to life while I painted blue skies around the needles was so interesting! Negative spaces are cool. :)


Hopeful Robin, © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6"x6" acrylic on wrapped canvas  $40

If you are interested in making a purchase, click on my gallery link at the right side of this page. Not a PayPal person? No problem, email me for other ways to purchase.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment