Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Leaf Rider and Koi Face

Painting took a little break this week with some sweet houseguests. My son and his family were here for the weekend so I had plenty to do with the grand babies, Sen (18 months) and Ashton (5 months)! They have now moved into a new home in Vancouver, so I still get to see them often. Now that my house is quiet again (bittersweet), here are two more paintings to share.

I really enjoyed painting the frog from last week, so I looked around for another reference and chose this one. So much fun painting all the colors in the body!

 
Leaf Rider, © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6" acrylic on wrapped canvas



The DailyPaintworks challenge this week is to paint a fish. That's a new one for me! The Paint my Photo website had this wonderful reference photo that I couldn't resist. Look at all those lovely colors! I almost called this little swimmer "Joseph" for his "coat of many colors", but then changed my mind.

 
Koi Face, © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6" acrylic on wrapped canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment