Sunday, January 18, 2015

Bernina 830

The Daily Paintworks challenge for the week is to paint what's by our easels. I took a look around my studio and knew immediately that I was going to paint my hardworking 1977 Bernina 830. Yes, my sewing room is also my art studio. It's a little crowded, but it works!

This old Bernina still works perfectly. At a maintenance service a couple years ago, the shop owner's eyes lit up when he saw what I had brought in. He called his employees around to show them the classic machine, which was, he said, the year that Bernina got EVERYTHING right. Then he offered to buy her for a very generous price. Of course, I turned him down. Bernina and I are best friends after all these years, and we understand one another well.


Bernina 830 © Dorothy Jenson 2015
acrylic on wood panel, $50

No comments:

Post a Comment