Monday, February 9, 2015

Pine Tree in Lava Land

In Central Oregon we often visit the Lava Lands Visitor Center and walk the "Trail of the Molten Land". The last time we were there I allowed my grandchildren (ages 6-8) to use my pocket camera and practice taking pictures of anything they wanted. One of the images they took was of this very tenacious young pine tree growing all by itself in the lava rock, with Rabbit brush blooming all around. The Daily Paintworks Challenge this week is to give a tree it's "gesture", and I thought this tree would be a perfect subject. The tree bends with the adversity of living among heat, bitter cold and rock, but it survives year after year. Another part of the challenge (for me!) was to paint the lava rock!

 
Pine Tree in Lava Land © Dorothy Jenson 2015
6 x 6 inch oil on gessobord

No comments:

Post a Comment