Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Keeping Busy!

 
The days are getting so much cooler with rain, then cold and wind. I really don't mind at all, since it gives me lots of reasons to just stay inside and paint! There are also crochet projects to be working on, and a good book or two lying around. No, I really don't mind that autumn is settling in!
 
Here's another painting in the moonrise series. There will probably be another one....my husband really likes it when I paint Mt Hood! The reference photo for this moonrise was taken by my daughter-in-law, Grace and she gladly shared it with me. It was quite the sight: the moon rising in the East behind Mt Hood, and the sun setting in the West casting golden orange lights upon the mountain! 
 
 
October Moonrise © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6" acrylic   SOLD



My hometown is Oregon City, OR, which is built in layers along a portion of the Willamette River. This little painting depicts a walkway (called the "Promenade") on the bluff overlooking the lowest, original part of town. I had a great time painting the bright light behind the autumn trees. Those stone pillars beside the walk are very historical!


Autumn Promenade © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6" acrylic on wrapped canvas



While the temperatures dropped to almost freezing, and the wind was howling, I had the urge to paint a warm sunny afternoon at the beach! It was a fun, quick little painting and it is being offered in a GIVEAWAY I am hosting on my Facebook Page. If you are on Facebook, look up Dorothy Jenson Art to sign up to win this painting!


Beach Daydream  © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6 " acrylic on wrapped canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment