Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Polaris Snowflake

My grandma used to make thread crochet snowflakes. I thought they looked really pretty on the Christmas tree, but it wasn't until I was a grandma myself that I decided to try making them. My first attempt at crocheting with thread was not successful, and the idea was scrapped, but not forgotten. Later I tried again, with the same frustrations. Finally, months after the first and second attempts, I mastered the techniques of working with tiny hook and thread. Fast forward a couple years, and I have made hundreds of these snowflakes, and have three different books with patterns, because I rarely make the same one twice!

I thought it might be fun to PAINT one today, and this one was actually called "Polaris" in the book with the instructions to make it. It was a lot easier to paint than it was learning to make!


Polaris Snowflake  © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6x6" acrylic on wrapped canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment