Saturday, November 22, 2014

Orange Blossom

 
Today we went to see the Wildlife Arts Show in Portland, Oregon. So many artists doing so many wonderful things! I am in awe! Ken paid me a compliment when he said that he felt my works would "fit right in" with the rest of the show. I was pleased to see that many visual artists are working with the 6x6 inch size to create tiny works of art. Many are painted on simple wooden panels that are hung with wire on the back side, and others are elegantly displayed in "floater frames".  I like that look a lot, too. We saw paintings, sculpture, ceramics, photography, and exquisite jewelry. Ken loved the lamps built with river rocks, plus the artwork done with fused glass. I enjoy the sculptures of birds and animals, plus the beautiful ceramics. It was all so much fun to look at.
 
My painting today is following a little trend of designing with food.
Ken likes eating the leftover still life. :)
 
 
Orange Blossom  © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6 x 6" wrapped canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment