Thursday, November 13, 2014

Morning Glory

I love watching the sky. I live in the northwest, so the sky I see daily is surrounded by trees and mountains, and I don't get the stunning wide open vistas that are found in the plains and desert areas, but there is enough to see and bring a thrill. Lucky for me, I get to go for a morning walk with a friend most days of the week, and I see a lot of sunrises. Every one of them stops me in my tracks to watch and appreciate.

Today's painting reflects a sunrise that we witnessed a few weeks ago. Sometimes I stand there open mouthed and wonder if it is real! The colors and contrasts are so amazing. My little pocket camera captured this morning glory, and I have tried to paint the excitement that was in the air that day.


Morning Glory, © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6x6 inch acrylic on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment