Thursday, March 24, 2011

Camellia Wins Again

My fingers are dusty again after a bit of an absence, and it is fairly obvious (to me anyway) that I need to get back into the "groove". This painting didn't even come near to the mental image I had of the scene, but at least it's a start. Knowing myself rather well (sometimes), I knew it is simply important to do SOMETHING and post it, rather than procrastinate and think too much about it.

Every Spring the Camellias are the first bloomers in this area. It's funny that I would choose to paint one since I really don't like this kind of flowering shrub. They only look good for maybe a day or so, then start to fall apart in the rains, and make a mess on the ground around them. Please note: I have seen some beautiful Camellia trees in my wanderings, but I am content to admire them in someone else's yard for their short glorious display.

Camellia Wins Again, 8 x 10 pastel on buff colored Canson paper

1 comment:

  1. Yes, my camellia trees are just starting to bloom today, too. The red one starts, then the pink and the pink/white/stripe. I like the different lines/textures on the different trees in this picture.

    ReplyDelete