Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hanging in There

I'm in a more impressionistic mood again today, so bear with me! I did a freehand ink drawing of this little scene and then filled it in using just "lines"...no side shading or blending allowed. Use of color was also exagerated, just for fun. Orange paper was used for the background.

I was sitting in a canoe when I saw this old tree hanging desperately onto the rocks at the edge of the lake and since I liked it so much I was glad to have a little camera on board. Ken probably had to circle back in order for me to get a good photo, but he's pretty agreeable about things like that. :)

Hanging in There 8 x 11 on Canson paper

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I could visualize that tree (or one of many like it) right away. Your picture took me right there. I like the way the colors work together.

    ReplyDelete