Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stair Lights

Here's another trip down memory lane in Oregon City. How many times have you walked up or down these stone steps near the elevator? Many people use them as part of a daily workout (up and down, up and down!) The reference for today's painting was taken last spring when the new leaves were coming out on the trees. I am calling it "Stair Lights" for the sunlight in the trees as well as the lamp posts along the way.

 
Stair Lights, 8 x 10 pastel on brown PastelMat


I also did a little re-working into "Good Morning, Oregon City". The sky on the previous post was a little too sketchy to my view, so I added a little more color. I like it better this way.


2 comments:

  1. You know how much I love the Stair Lights painting. It was interesting to check back to the earlier "Good Morning" painting and compare it to the latest version - fascinating how much the entire painting seemed tighter and more focused just by fixing the sky. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the name of this one. I also like this one a little more than the earlier one.

    ReplyDelete