Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Old Oregon City High School in Spring

Oregon City is in the pink this week! All around town the ornamental "pink trees" are blooming profusely and happily in the sun. (I'm not sure if they are plum or cherry, or both?) This is such a soft, delicate time which is easily shortened by Spring rains. Today, however, we are having sunshine and it is part of the forcast for the rest of the week! I happen to have some Old OC High School reference photos (that I took a few days ago), and was glad to work on this painting today.

 
Old Oregon City High School in Spring, 8 x 10 pastel on dark blue sanded paper

1 comment:

  1. Mark and I are both enjoying this. Mark says the colors are "just right." I like that patch of green and the blue streets below all the glorious pink and the old red bricks.

    ReplyDelete