Saturday, May 11, 2013

Azalea Reflections

I had a wonderful afternoon at the Rhododendron Gardens with my artist pals, Shirleen and Sharon. That place is so amazing...can you imagine wandering through there and trying to find ONE spot to sit and work on a plein air painting?? Just ONE? After much puzzlement, we finally settled on a place next to the pond, in the shade, which was not quite as busy with pedestrians. We still had lots of friendly admirers. One woman even asked to photograph us working! You know, after doing this for a few weeks, I have come to the point where having a "stranger" watching over my shoulder as I work does not make me feel nervous. Especially when they say things to their companions like, "This gal really knows what she is doing!" Ha ha! What a confidence booster!  The three of us soaked up the peacefulness of working in such a beautiful place, and here is the study I came up with.
 
 
 
Azalea Reflections, 5 x 7.5 on blue Canson paper

1 comment:

  1. That would be a tough place to choose only ONE spot. Looks like you picked a winner. Did you take a bunch of photos for later paintings, too? What do you notice that is different when you compare working on site to working from a photo?

    ReplyDelete