Monday, December 9, 2013

Red Scarf

I've seen this young man several times early in the morning waiting for a school bus, sitting on his instrument case, and have thought it would be a fun subject for a little painting. It has been so cold lately, but like some adolescents, he isn't dressed as warmly as he ought to be. Today I had a few minutes to sketch out my idea, and just because I'm a concerned Mom-type person, I gave him a stocking hat and a bright red scarf, which is probably what HIS mom has been trying to get him to do all along!


Red Scarf, 6 x 6 pastel and ink on Wallis sanded paper

2 comments:

  1. It would be fun to show him the picture. Wonder who he is? A high school student? I like the movement and energy of the trees contrasted with his waiting so still. Thanks for warming him up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I found this so funny. I had to bundle Elsie up in about 7 layers this morning to send her off to school in our -12 wind chill...

    ReplyDelete