Monday, December 30, 2013

The Imposter

This week the DPW Challenge is to paint "roots and bulbs". My first thought was an onion with a patterned background. Then I thought of stacking a couple of them. As I discussed the idea with my walking buddy, she said maybe I could make a "snowman". That intrigued me so I found a piece of material with a snowman theme to use as a backdrop. While setting up my still life, it became apparent that onions don't stack well. However, I had some cute red potatoes that did. And it just so happened that their imperfections worked perfectly with the snowman theme. Here's my imposter!


The Imposter, 6 x 6 pastel and ink on sanded paper

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious and awesome. The red of the potatoes and the fabric are excellent together. What was most challenging about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one, so cute and different! Puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete