Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Apple Dots

Some days I just want to do something different. I've been thinking about painting an apple for days, but wondered how to set up the still life. Then it occurred to me to paint the apple...and that's all. The apples in my fruit basket were such great colors of greens and reds and everything in between, but as soon as I noticed that they were covered with dots all by themselves, I knew they were a great subject for the day. So here's my apple, dotted because it wanted to be. (And I added a few more).


Apple Dots
acrylic on 3/4" wrapped canvas, sides painted to match the front
© Dorothy Jenson 2014

1 comment:

  1. I love the shapes of the greens against the reds in this apple interpretation. Maybe you were inspired to paint an apple because this is Teacher Appreciation Week! :)

    ReplyDelete