Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Rooster and Robin


 
Oh, it's been so gloriously warm the last couple days. Not everyone agrees with me, but I do so love warm days. It does keep me out of the studio, though, and this coming summer season will probably do more of the same as we spend more time outdoors! However, I do have two new paintings.
 
 
 
This rooster just glows with color. I love it! The crazy thing is, it was painted almost entirely while I talked with my daughter and her little girls on the phone. They live in Wisconsin, so it's always nice to chat with them. I turned on "speaker phone", placed it on my desk next to me, and happily painted while we chatted. I told Sarah I should name this rooster painting after her, and I did!
 
 

"Sarah's Rooster"  © Dorothy Jenson 2014
acrylic on 3/4" wrapped canvas



If you follow my work, you probably recognize the next little bird. It's the same pattern as a previous painting called, "Fancy Robin". I liked it so much (and it sold right away!), that I decided to do another one. Naturally, it isn't painted quite the same way as the first one, so it's unique in it's own way. Such a happy little bird, I could almost hear her humming: "Don't worry...be happy!"



"Don't Worry, Be Happy" © Dorothy Jenson 2014
acrylic on 3/4" wrapped canvas
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment