Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Proposal Rock

The sun was predominate today making the beach a pleasant place to hang out. (Though still rather cool.) Ken and I walked all over, including up the "Tsunami escape" path way (just to see where it goes!). On one of our outings I brought along my pastels and got to work while Ken wandered about exploring.
 

This formation is called "Proposal Rock". Slab creek and Hawk Creek come together on the beach and flow out into the ocean next to the rock. I sat where I could see the sky peeking through a large crack in the stonework. I thought I might do some touchup on this when we got back into the house, but then decided to leave it alone. It's a decent enough "study". :)


Sky Light through Proposal Rock, 8 x 10 pastel on brown cardstock
 
The tide went out far enough that Ken was able to make his way all around Proposal Rock while I was painting. He was quite pleased with that accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. What is the story on "Proposal Rock"? Is that the official name or a Jenson family appellation?

    ReplyDelete