Monday, December 15, 2014

Perrin

The Daily Paintworks challenge this week is to paint our furry friend. Awwww, I have been meaning to paint our dog Perrin for a long time (He died 6 years ago), and this was just the push to get me to do it. He was our outdoor adventure dog who went backpacking, canoeing, and hiking with us for ten years. He was also a great Frisbee dog, running to catch the disk before it ever hit the ground. He was a great dog. :)

Today I painted on a new surface: sanded and primed 1/4" wooden panel instead of canvas. The paint was so easy to manipulate and I really enjoyed it. Just like a panel, art works on wood could either be framed or displayed on a little easel. That's what I'm planning to do with Perrin's portrait, so I can display it on a shelf in the living room. Of course it's not for sale. :)



Perrin © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6x6" acrylic on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment