Monday, December 29, 2014

The Sharp Challenge

Oh, how I love the challenges. Funny thing, I was thinking about painting scissors a week or two ago, and then today the new challenge for Daily Paintworks was to "paint sharp cutting instruments". Amazing timing, and I knew right away which scissors I wanted to paint. Well, I have to say, painting scissors is HARD, but I'm pleased (finally) with the results.

These two are almost always apart. One hangs out next to the sewing machine, and the other follows the crochet crowd around the house and even on road trips occasionally. When I posed them together for their formal portrait, it looked as though they had a lot of catching up to do. :)


Reunited © Dorothy Jenson 2014
6x6 inch acrylic on wrapped canvas
(Yes, I'm trying out the Daily Paintwork auctions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment