Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Surrender!

Poor Woody. He's had quite a day. Those pinecones came a little too close, and his portrait artist nearly killed him, too! He's definitely ready to surrender.

Before I was even half way into the picture today, I knew that I had a mess on my hands. Since there was no turning back, I just kept applying more color, willy-nilly, used the black pastel to boldly go where he probably shouldn't have gone, and splotched in a "background". Yeah, poor Woody. It was kind of fun, though, after I let go of it, so to speak, and just doodled around for fun. :)

A change of scenery was needed, so I pulled out a photo we took this summer in Missouri. This is the valley of Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Yes, the far back field really looked that blue in the distance. (When I showed him this pastel, Ken thought he was looking at a lake. Even when I showed him the photo reference, he still didn't recognize the place.) We visited on a very hot afternoon, and only stayed at the overlook a short period of time, but it was a gorgeous setting.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pinecones a lot. The little swirlies on them are good, I think. And I am a big fan of the way you include tiny wildflowers in the foreground of landscapes. Such softly rolling landscapes - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful landscape! If you ever sell prints I want one!

    ReplyDelete