Thursday, January 26, 2012

Missouri Daylilies

I should have been making dinner. In fact, I headed toward the kitchen with initial thoughts of preparing food, but then my mind skipped out on me and thought about daylilies on the roadside in Missouri.

Before I knew it, I was in my work room and hastily scribbling bright bands of color across a piece of dark paper...just a memory of some of those daylilies that thrilled me this summer. This little piece took all of 20 minutes, maybe. It was rather fun, and I think I'll approach this subject matter again soon. Maybe quiet the sky down a bit, though.

Missouri Daylilies, 5x5 pastel on black paper

Dinner tonight was hashbrowns, black bean, tomato and salsa scramble in tomato-basil tortilla wraps. It took less time to prepare than the pastel did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment