Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Imaginary Scenes

Today I worked on some no-stress "pretend scenes". Meaning, they are not real places...at least none that I have ever visited. Without the concern of getting the water or trees or hills the same as a particular place, I felt more free in just moving color around. It was a nice exercise that I think I will be doing more of to lose some of the fear of reality.

In the first one, the trees got overworked and lost their freshness. I'm much happier with the trees in the second piece because I used fewer marks on it.  I added some pretend flowers in the field, and now it's probably my favorite one of the day.

"Wet Field", 5x5 on black paper

"Two trees in the field", 5x5 on black paper

"Marshland", 5x5 on black paper

1 comment:

  1. I also really like the water and water plants in the foreground of the 3rd picture.

    ReplyDelete